- Virginia German Shepherd Rescue
- See all the great dogs up for adoption Available Dogs
- Check out our upcoming Events
- Read the story of Camo and Shaggy Junkyard Dogs Story
- Read about why you should adopt a senior dog. Adopting Senior Dogs
- Thank you to all the Sponsors and Volunteers of the 6TH Annual Golf Event
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue
(VGSR) is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) organization that rescues, rehabilitates and re-homes German Shepherd Dogs and mixes in Virginia and metropolitan Washington, D.C.
We work to find loving homes for abandoned, surrendered, or abused German Shepherds. Since 2001, we have found homes for more than 3400 dogs and we continue to place more than 300 dogs a year. We rely solely on private donations and adoption fees to support our efforts to rescue German Shepherd Dogs.
Please review our Adoption Process so that you will know how to adopt a dog from us.
There are still German Shepherds waiting in shelters for a foster home. We would love to place many of these beautiful animals in a safe and loving home where they will get the care and attention they need until they are adopted. We are seeking people with German Shepherd experience or those willing to learn the breed who would like to share their home with a deserving GSD. Please see our "Volunteer" section for more information or "Required Forms" for a Foster Application.
Please plan now to join us for next year’s annual golf event!
Connect with VGSR
Visit Us on our Mobile Site (Mobile devices only)